The Medical Design Excellence Awards (MDEA) competition is the Medtech Industry's Premier Awards Program. Since its inception in 1998, the mission of the MDEA has been to recognize significant advances in medical product design and engineering that improve the quality of healthcare delivery and accessibility. Designed to focus attention upon the complexity of product development and to showcase examples of what can be achieved when it is well done, the MDEA celebrates the achievements of medical product manufacturers, their suppliers, and the many people behind the scenes—engineers, scientists, designers, and clinicians—who are responsible for the groundbreaking products that are saving lives, improving patient healthcare, and changing the face of medtech.
The MDEA competition is a prestigious, publicity-charged program that fosters innovation by honoring the highest caliber medical devices on the market today. Both winners and finalists enjoy year-round opportunities to increase the market visibility of their company and its award worthy products among medtech and healthcare professionals. Each year finalists are announced in the May issue of MD+DI (Medical Device and Diagnostic Industry) magazine. Winners are announced in June during a special ceremony held in conjunction with the Medical Design & Manufacturing East event.
Winners, Finalists, and their Suppliers benefit from:
- Validation from an impartial, independent, multidisciplinary panel of medtech expert jurors that your product development team and critical suppliers are committed to creating exceptional best-in-class medtech products—better than anyone else—with tremendous capacity to help patients and healthcare providers worldwide.
- Extensive publicity in connection with MDEA program announcements, which are carried on PR Newswire and delivered to hundreds of wide-reaching media outlets.
- International industry recognition letting customers, competitors, employees, and financial stake holders ALL know that your company is leading the pack and raising the bar of innovative medtech design and manufacturing excellence.
- Coverage in UBM Canon MedTech World’s industry-leading Events, Conferences, and Media products, including MD&M East, and publications like MD+DI, MPMN, PMP News, and EMDT.
- Recognition of excellence at the live MDEA Ceremony, attended by 500 medtech industry leaders, held in in June in conjunction with the MD&M East.
- Exclusive right to use and display the special MDEA logos on their product packaging, promotional materials, advertisements, and company websites.