2015 MDEA Entry Materials Checklist
The 2015 Medical Design Excellence Awards competition is now accepting entries. Time is limited so act now. For a submission to be considered complete and on time, and for all entry materials to be considered during judging, entrants should adhere to the following deadlines.
- 5 pm PST - Thursday, February 19: New deadline to submit for digital entry materials outlined below (Entry Form, Images, Exhibits, Videos)
- 5 pm PST - Wednesday, February 25: New deadline to for sample products and any accompany materials to arrive at our office to the address below..
To enter please follow these steps:
Step 1. Review Benefits to Winners, Finalists, and their Suppliers
Step 2. Review Eligibility Requirements and 11 Medtech Competition Categories
Step 3. Review Deadlines and Entry Fees
Step 4. Access the 2015 MDEA Entry Form on our new online submission portal.
Step 5. Follow this Entry Materials Checklist when compiling and submitting entry materials:
Entrants in the 2015 MDEA competition should use the following checklist to ensure that they include:
- ALL required entry materials for their submission to be considered complete.
- ANY additional recommended (not required) materials to supplement your entry as an aid to jurors during the judging process.
- MDEA is Going Green and printed hard copies are no longer accepted.
- Entrants must submit each entry material item described below (e.g., Entry Form, product images, exhibits, figures, videos, etc.) in electronic version ONLY.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Required Entry Materials
The following entry materials are required in order for your submission to be considered during the judging process.
Entry fee as required on the date by which the entry is submitted.
For an entry to be considered on time for the 2015 MDEA competition, and for all entry materials to be considered during judging, entrants should adhere to the following deadlines. http://www.canontradeshows.com/expo/awards/how/deadlines.php
Entrants are required to submit all responses and entry material in the 2015 Entry Form:
At least one high-resolution digital product image that clearly depicts the entry is required. These image will be used for jury orientation and will also be used for publication if your device is named a finalist or an award winner.Image Do’s:
Any Exhibits or Figures that are referenced in answers to the Entry Form. The #1 shortcoming of entries is lack of data and supporting documentation to support claims made in the answers. Entrants are encouraged to support their responses to the Entry Form by providing additional documentation.
Supporting Materials might include Exhibits (documents) or Figures (graphic files). The following is a list of recommended (not required) examples to supplement your entry as an aid to jurors during the judging process.Appropriate Exhibits (supporting documents) might include, but are not limited to:
REQUIRED PRODUCT VIDEOS and/or SAMPLE PRODUCTS:
Please note that we DO NOT return sample products.
Entrants submitting sample products are required to provide either:
INSTRUCTIONS for SUBMITTING SAMPLE PRODUCTS:
Although MDEA is Going Green and hard copies of all the entry materials are no longer accepted, when submitting sample products entrants should follow these two exceptions:
- Entrants should include a hard copy print out of the entry form so that I may reconcile the sample product with the electronic entry materials. There is no need to send printed hard copies everything else.
- Entrants submitting sample products should also include a hard copy, in addition to the electronic supporting exhibits, of any necessary accompanying entry materials that will aid the jurors while assembling or judging your product, such as:
- user manuals
- set-up, guides
- or assembly instructions.
- Entrants must also include any necessary batteries, cables, power cords, cases, disposable sharps, containers, etc. needed to operate or demo the sample product.
- Clearly label any loose/removable parts such a: cables, cords, cases, bags, batteries, guides, etc. with your product and company name in case materials get separated.
INSTRUCTIONS for SHIPPING SAMPLE PRODUCTS:
When submitting sample products, please ship all sample products (including a hard copy of any user guides, instructions for use, or return air bills) to:
- Sample products with any accompanying materials as described here MUST arrive no later than Wednesday, February 25, 2015.
- Any materials received after February 25 will NOT be considered during the 2015 MDEA judging weekend.
- When Shipping from International Countries please adhere to the following instructions to avoid your products arriving past the deadline.
- Please inquire with any issues, questions, clarification.
INSTRUCTIONS for SHIPPING SAMPLE PRODUCTS INTERNATIONALLY
When mailing your sample products from other countries, give yourself enough time to avoid any shipping delays in customs, and ensure your sample products and accompanying materials arrive no later than Wednesday, February 25, 2015, please adhere to the following instructions:
- Ship directly to the address listed above
- Include our phone number in case there are any delays in customs, which there are if you do not follow these instructions, so that customs can call me directly to verify.
- Provide 4 copies of completed Return Customs Invoice reversing the addresses for me to use when returning your sample products. Leave the date blank.
- You must include the following info, or else customs will hold the package:
- the name, address, and country of the manufacturer company
- as well as a manufacturer contact name and phone number
- as well as any product VAT number
- You must write something along these lines on your shipping air bill and customs form.
NO COMMERCIAL VALUE.
(However, for US Customs purposes please make the invoice value under $200.00 US dollars)
NOT FOR RESALE. NOT FOR CLINICAL USE.
FOR DISPLAY PURPOSES ONLY
AS A PART OF THE 2015 Medical Design Excellence Awards COMPETITION