Celebrating the Best of the Medtech Community.
- June 11: UBM Canon and MD+DI announced the 2014 MDEA Winners and their Suppliers at the 2014 MDEA Ceremony held in conjunction with the MD&M East event at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York.
During the ceremony:
- Bronze, Silver, and Gold winners were announced in 11 categories
- Persona Knee System won Readers’ Choice Award
- AtomoRapid HIV won Best-In-Show
- Dean Kamen accepted Lifetime Achievement Award!
- plus NCIIA’s BMEidea universtity competition winners
Check out coverage, videos, and photos of 2014 MDEA Winners:
- Watch 2014 Jurors discuss industry trends
- MD+DI, FaceBook, Pinterest, and YouTube
- Follow @MDDIonline for #MDEA14 tweets.
- If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Transforming Medtech–One Innovation at a Time
The Medical Design Excellence Awards competition honors the highest caliber medical devices on the market today, and celebrates the achievements of medical product manufacturers, their suppliers, and the many people behind the scenes—engineers, scientists, designers, and clinicians—who are responsible for these groundbreaking innovations that are changing the face of Medtech.
- Entries are accepted in eleven medtech categories from companies and individuals worldwide involved in the design, engineering, manufacture, or distribution of finished medical devices, products, systems, or medical packaging products.
- Entries are evaluated by a multidisciplinary panel of jurors—comprised of a balance of clinicians, engineers, and designers—with expertise in healthcare and design-related fields, including clinical practice, medicine, biomedical engineering, industrial design, human factors, manufacturing, and other areas.
- Selected products must not only pass design and engineering excellence, manufacturing effectiveness and innovation, but also the overall benefit to the medical and healthcare industries.
- Winners and finalists enjoy increased visibility of your company and its award winning products among medtech and healthcare professionals.
Watch 2014 MDEA Jurors Discuss the Industry trends:
Watch 2013 MDEA Jurors Discuss the 15th Anniversary: