15th Anniversary MDEA Ceremony
Celebrating the Best of the #MedTech Industry.
When: June 19, 2013 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Where: Philadelphia Marriott Downtown – Liberty Ballroom
The 2013 MDEA Finalists and their Suppliers have been announced.
Winners will be announced at the 2013 MDEA Ceremony held in conjunction with the 30th MD&M East event at the Pennsylvania Convention Center, June 18-20.
What to expect at the ceremony:
- 2013 MDEA Finalists and their Suppliers will be honored for their innovative contributions to the MedTech industry.
- Bronze, Silver, and Gold Winners will be announced.
- One Gold-winning product will be awarded “Best-in-Show”.
- Special tribute video to our 2013 MDEA Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient: Dr. Robert Langer.
- NCIIA will announce the winners of the 2013 BMEidea biomedical engineering competition for university students.
- Follow @MDDIonline on Twitter for live ceremony tweets about #MDEA13 Winners.
- Like MD+DI on FaceBook for #MDEA13 Ceremony Photos.
- Subscribe to MDDIVIDEO YouTube channel to watch #MDEA13 Finalist videos now, and future video coverage.
For ceremony inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please reference:
- Benefits to Winners, Finalists, and their Suppliers
- MDEA Press and Editorial and Video coverage
Transforming MedTech–One Innovation at a Time
The Medical Design Excellence Awards (MDEA) program honors the highest caliber medical devices on the market today, and celebrates the achievements of medical product manufacturers, their suppliers, and the many people behind the scenes—engineers, scientists, designers, and clinicians—who are responsible for the groundbreaking innovations that are changing the face of MedTech today.
- The MDEA competition accepts entries in ten medical product categories from companies and individuals worldwide involved in the design, engineering, manufacture, or distribution of finished medical devices or medical packaging products.
- Entries are evaluated by a multidisciplinary panel of jurors—comprised of a balance of clinicians, engineers, and designers—with expertise in healthcare and design-related fields, including clinical practice, medicine, biomedical engineering, industrial design, human factors, manufacturing, and other areas.
- Selected products must not only pass design and engineering excellence, manufacturing effectiveness and innovation, but also the overall benefit to the medical and healthcare industries.
- Winners and finalists enjoy year-round opportunities to increase the visibility of their company and its award winning products among MedTech and healthcare professionals.
Industry professionals are encouraged to review the information provided on this website and become involved in building recognition for medical product excellence, both in their own companies and industry wide. If you have any questions, please contact a member of the MDEA team via e-mail at email@example.com.
Check here for a complete archive of MDEA announcements, as well as press releases about past MDEA Finalist and Winning products. Keep checking back as this page is constantly being updated. (See all...)
Check here for a complete archive of all editorial coverage about past MDEA Finalist and Winning products from UBM Canon MedTech World's publications: MD+DI, MPMN, IVD Technology, PMPN, MX, and EMDT magazines. Keep checking back as this page is constantly being updated. Also, check out the MDDI Video Vault for videos of MDEA Finalist and Winning Products.